Pregnancy is a very happy time in a woman’s life. But it also is a time of great change. And therefore it cannot be complete unless you keep Pregnancy Fitness in mind! Change, especially physical, is something that your body needs to adapt to… And what better way to do that than exercise. Exercise will not just help to keep you fit, so that your body can in turn give its 100% to nurturing the life that is growing within; it will also ease your troubles when it comes to bringing your child into the world and post-partum
Getting and Staying Healthy for Baby
Exercise is a great way to stay in shape and feel super. Pregnancy does not change this for most women. Despite the differences in your body, exercise is still important. Some studies have suggested that exercise during pregnancy will help with an easier and shorter labor and birth, fewer cesarean surgeries, a quicker recovery postpartum, a quicker return to your pre-pregnancy weight, not to mention a healthier feeling pregnancy.
One of the things that you need to determine before you get started is where you are fitness wise. If you have previously been a couch potato this is not the time to take up most sports. If you have been very active before and are participating in an activity that is safe for pregnancy or can be modified for pregnancy, generally you can continue to participate. However, most women are not able to maintain the same pace that they did before the pregnancy, so keep that in mind.
10 Things to Know About Pregnancy Fitness
- When you exercise during pregnancy, you will feel better about your newly pregnant shape.
- Focusing on good health during pregnancy increases your body awareness to prevent preterm labor.
- If you exercise while pregnant, you will have fewer aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
- By working out during pregnancy, you are less likely to gain unwanted pounds.Studies show that if you exercise during pregnancy you will tend to have a faster labor.
- Babies born to women who worked out while pregnant tend to be leaner and calmer than babies born to women who did not exercise.
- You are less likely to have a cesarean section to give birth if you stay fit during pregnancy.Staying fit during pregnancy leads to a faster weight loss after your baby is born.If you exercise during pregnancy, you can generally resume fitness activities sooner after birth.
- Working out with your baby makes it more likely that you will stick to an exercise program and stay fit after birth.
Don’t ignore pregnancy fitness. If it’s the exercise that seems to put you off, look on the brighter side – exercising for pregnancy fitness greatly reduces the likelihood of complications, and makes labor easier and shorter. And not just that, the results stay with you even after the delivery because you find it easier to get back in shape! So rest your fears and get on with the right exercise regimen for you today!